ABC smoothie

March 6, 2014


Is this a shake, a smoothie? I'm not quite sure. I guess I'll settle on smoothie only because it has a banana in it, but it is so delicious and chocolaty I want to call it a shake! Seriously, I am obsessed with this smoothie. I have left overs in my fridge teasing me. 

Almond butter is new to me find that I have been obsessing over ever since I found Justin's maple almond butter. It's giving peanut butter a run for it's money around here! The only thing keeping it from holding top spot is it's price. It's $10-$12 price range for a jar is not college student budget friendly. I managed to find a costco size jar of regular almond butter for about half the cost of a justin's almond butter jar. I thought I hit the jackpot, but it just didn't live up to the deliciousness of Justin's maple almond butter. Waste not want not-I started playing around with different ways to use up my huge jar of almond butter and the ABC (Almond butter Banana and Cocoa powder) smoothie was born. 
Side note: I'm at the bottom of my jar because of these smoothies.

The sweetness of the cocoa powder + cinnamon give your taste buds the sense of sweetness without giving your body all the added processed sugars. This smoothie does contain 12 grams of sugar, but it's not from the cocoa powder like you would expect-it's from the banana and almond milk. Actually, the natural cocoa powder only contains 10 calories per one serving (1 tablespoon) and 0 grams of sugar. The added 0% fat plain greek yogurt adds a boost of protein making this a great after gym snack!

 • Serving Size: 1  • 165 Calories • 6g of fat • 0g saturated fat • 3g cholesterol • 107mg sodium • 234mg potassium • 23g carbs • 4g fiber • 12g sugar • 9g protein •


ABC Shake
Makes 2 smoothies
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cups 0% plain greek yogurt
1 medium banana
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon almond butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Ice (I used about 6-8 ice cubes)

Crush up your ice cubes in your blender. Add in the rest of your ingredients and blend well. If you want a thicker consistency, add more ice cubes. This recipe makes 2 smoothies, so share with someone or save the left overs for yourself in the fridge for the next day.


Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment