When in Venice

March 11, 2014

Abbott Kinney Road in Venice Beach, California is quickly becoming one of my favorite spots. I mean it has my favorite paper store, urbanic, one of my favorite coffee spots, Intelligenista, and some pretty delicious food (insert Gjelina here). I had heard about Gjelina through some of my favorite foodies, and took advantage of the one time I had to pick Travis up from LAX after he had been gone for a week long work trip from North Carolina, to head over to Venice to try out this hot spot. It did not disappoint.

We split the smoked mozzarella, confit tomato, jalapeno, arugula and lemon + bottarga pizza, crispy duck leg, and a side of asparagus. We finished our meal off with a butterscotch pot de creme with salted caramel and creme fraiche. Apparently we think we are still in Paris.

It was a perfect date night to welcome back Trav and to converse over his East coast work adventures. It's probably a good thing we don't venture down to Venice that often, because between Intelligenista, Urbanic, Gjelina, and all the other places we have yet to explore we would be pretty broke-but well fed.

Gjelina: website / twitter / facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment