Paris France is also nice.

July 24, 2013


As my graduation present, my grandparents gave me a trip to Europe (Paris + Rome)! And of course, I needed Trav to go with me (turns out I needed his help to interpret maps as well, I have a horrible sense of direction). This was the first time either of us had been to Europe. We left LAX Wednesday and got to Paris, 21 hours later, on Thursday. To say we were exhausted would be an understatement: jetlag killed us. We like to say we survived our week long trip on naps. We did all the touristy things like go up the eiffel tower, eat crepes, visit the arc de triumph, dinner + a cabaret at the Moulin Rouge, eat French macaroons, get lost in the Louvre, visit Versailles, eat croissants, visit Notre Dame and add our lock to lovers bride. I would have to say our favorite part was just exploring. We took full advantage of the extensive subway system and were pros by no time. We ate at lovely cafes and were mistaken for locals more times than not. During the summer it doesn't get dark until around 10:30, which is much different than our 7:30-8PM sunset in California. We loved that people just hang out outside and that picnics are a daily occurrence. I just can not put into words how amazing this city is. When we booked our trip I was more excited about Italy than Paris, but I have to say that Paris won out; by far.
We both fell in love with this city and are already day dreaming about the day we can go back. 

No comments :

Post a Comment