Christmas Decorations 2013

December 18, 2013

This was the first year I was able to decorate my own space. It's really hard to get into the holiday spirit being a graduate student, because of the stresses of finals and projects that come with the end of the quarter. In the middle of finals week, Trav and I took a study break to go pick out a tree. This was the first year we picked out a tree that would be OURS. We brought it back and put lights on it. It stayed this way for awhile until we got around to actually decorating it. I had so many ideas flowing through my head for decorations I wanted to get done, thanks pinterest. This lit up JOY was probably my favorite project, and a DIY post on this will be up soon!
One of the projects I was really anxious to get done were these embroidery hoops. A quarter yard of two different types of flannel, cut to size, add pretty ribbon to the top and the white space between my fire place and mantel had a pretty (and cheap!) decoration to fill it.

No comments :

Post a Comment