saturday snack / 009

April 5, 2014

I have found that one of the hardest parts of trying to make healthier choices, when it comes to what you eat, is the in between meals stage: snacks. To make it easier for you, each week I will bring you a new healthy option for snacking.
I can't take credit for being the ingenious person who decided peanut butter sandwiched in between two graham crackers was a delicious idea. I got the idea from my time spent volunteering at a children's diabetes camp. I volunteered as a dietetic intern and one of the first tasks we were given was to make hundreds of these PB + graham cracker sandwiches to give to the campers when their blood sugar would drop. 

Below are a couple different ways I've put my own spin on the original recipe.Each is one sheet of a honey graham cracker split in half and topped with a little less than a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Graham Cracker + Peanut Butter
Serving Size 1 • 160 Calories • 9g of fat • 2g saturated fat • 0g cholesterol • 165mg sodium • 125mg potassium • 18g carbs • 2g fiber • 6g sugar • 5g protein • 


Graham Cracker + Peanut Butter + Honey and Cinnamon
Serving Size 1 • 168 Calories • 9g of fat • 2g saturated fat • 0g cholesterol • 165mg sodium • 126mg potassium • 20g carbs • 2g fiber • 8g sugar • 5g protein •

Graham Cracker + Nutella
Serving Size 1 • 165 Calories • 7g of fat • 2g saturated fat • 0g cholesterol • 103mg sodium • 30mg potassium • 25g carbs • 2g fiber • 15g sugar • 3g protein •

The Nutella version isn't the healthiest, but is fun when I'm craving something sweet. These can get quite messy, as you can see from the pictures, so I usually make them and refrigerate them for an hour or so before eating.

Enjoy!


Check out other healthy snacking options!  

No comments :

Post a Comment