Celebrating 40 years on Catalina: Invitations

May 8, 2014

For my grandparents wedding anniversary/vow renewal I put these invitation suites together to go out to family and friends. We chose blue, silver and white as the color scheme mainly because my grandparents had blue carnations at their wedding. It worked well because we were going with a beach theme for the weekend since we were on Catalina.
 
I really like the look of watercolor painting and thought it would be perfect for these invitations. It was super easy to do and I think it gives them a unique look. I kept with the ombre theme we had going on with the decorations, and just went to town painting. 
Because this was a weekend long event with a lot of different things going on, I designed a basic itinerary so that everyone was on the same page. A few details changed the week before so I printed up some new ones, added a couple strokes of water color paint to the bottom and we stuck them in the welcome bags. It worked out perfectly because everyone was able to know when and where to meet up, without there being any confusion. 

I created contact cards with our numbers and e-mail address on them for information. Usually an RSVP number would have been added to the invitation itself, but seeing as how we knew everyone was going already, and there were multiple people with the details, I thought this was a better idea. I cut them down to size, added watercolor, tucked them into glassine bags and attached the whole thing to the invitation suite with a blue paper clip.
After I put everything together and tucked it inside the envelopes, I added a strip of washi tape and stamped "get excited" on the back to seal it off. Keeping with the watercolor scheme I had going on, I used watercolor painting to add the names and addresses to the front. 

The invitations probably weren't completely necessary because everyone was on board already and my aunt was sending out a way more detailed email later on, but I think it gave the whole event something special, and we all know how much I love paper products!

Sources: Get Excited Stamp (discontinued) / Envelopes / Notecards

Read more about the details that went into celebrating my grandparents 40th wedding anniversary here and here.

No comments :

Post a Comment